Friends are life. Without them, I don’t know where I would be now… They keep me inspired, lift up my spirits, tell me when I’m wrong, laugh at me when I’m stupid, and keep me going through whatever. I know, I know, I sound like a Hallmark card…but its all true. They have taught me so many things as I have grown up with them, whether I have known them since childhood or met them in the past year. So as a thank you to all these amazing years with them, here are some fabulous things that my friends have taught me about life. Thus the title.
1. It’s ok to not be ok. Don’t lie and say that you are ok, when you aren’t.
2. They are always there to talk to, even if they aren’t always available, they are always there.
3. Don’t give up hope. Evereverevereverever. Even when it feels like life is crumbling, don’t. give. up. hope.
4. Look for the bright side in everything.
5. Experiment. Don’t be afraid to try new things.
6. Draw when you don’t know what to do with your life.
7. Dancing helps.
8. Look at pictures of cats on the internet. That helps too.
9. Write down everything. Diaries are important, so that you don’t forget the little things that really matter.
10. Sometimes you just need to forget what other people think of you. Cuz they don’t matter.
11. Don’t always act your age.
12. Mistakes are made, you learn from them, move on. Don’t forget them, but accept them.
13. Outside is the best place to be.
14. Using melted chocolate as makeup for a birthday party is a very bad idea. But it’s also very fun.
15. Tea is always a good idea.
16. Even if you don’t always appreciate yourself, other people do.
17. Friendships won’t always be rock solid, but the true friends will always come out in the end. And those are the only ones worth your time.
18. Don’t forget about how important God is in your life. He is always there, forever and ever and ever, even when nobody else is.
19. Strive to get what you want. Don’t give up even when it seems like all hope is lost, keep on aiming for it and don’t let your spirits down. Maybe there is only a 1% chance you will get it, but that’s better then 0%, right?
20. Spontaneous-ness should happen often.
21. It’s not that rare for you and your friend to show up at Youth Group wearing the same exact outfit. Down to the shoes and the hairdo. Yes, that has happened more then once. We have the same taste.
22. I can do everything myself, but I don’t have to. Because they are always there.
23. Having your life planned out before you are 14 is totally fine. Just don’t expect it to all happen like you want it to. Cuz we all know by now that life doesn’t always go the way we planned it.
24. #YODO…you only die once. Make this one life you have worth living, before it all comes to a stop.
25. When life gives you lemons, give those lemons life.
26. Forget therapy, you have friends to talk to.
27. You don’t always have to have a smile on your face. Life is a mess, don’t pretend that it’s all fine.
28. Insulting each other is another way of showing appreciation.
29. Every blondie needs a brunette as a friend to even each other out.
30. Never let each other do stupid stuff…alone.
So here is to all my many besties.
Sophie, Lydia, Emily, Beka, Arianna, Emma, Sofia, and many more…
Here’s to the years behind us and the years ahead.